Monday, February 22, 2010

In with the new

This time of year is so...BLAH! Being in the hair biz I notice this time is when everybody is ready for change, whether it's from brown to blonde or from long to short. It's so gross and gloomy outside that we try to give just about anything a face lift. For me it's always my house. For the week I have put down my books (by the way, thanks for all the book referrals and yes... book club here I come) and started to organize and update. I started with my entry. I had this mirror that had hooks on it that I swear I bought at Shopko 9 years ago. Brooke of course would never tell me how ugly something is but I could tell she was rather pleased to see it go, she also said having a mirror by the door projects energy out. You learn something new everyday.


My new entry get-up.

Then onto the toy room. My girlie friend Suzie is such a crafty/creative person. She always has such awesome ideas. So I copied her, literally, right down to the laminated tags. And I have to say this has been the best project yet! My kids play, together (gasp), for hours in the toy room. They haven't played/used the toy room for probably 2 years!!! Brooke said.."duh, it had baby toys." I guess I am slow, but better late than never! My favorite is the closets. I know... weird. But Derek and his Dad put shelving in my closets and you'd think I added a bedroom! All the sudden I have space!!


I love my new craft table! Oh what $35 will get you! Dilly loves his net of lego's and Kasi loves her Lazy Susan with art supplies!


Brooke whipped me up some curtains and Derek put shelves and finished up the closet!


Because of my added space I was able to organize and rearrange my kitchen (all the kids arts and crafts were stored in there). I covered my shelves and bought some cute baskets. And hopefully I can call my pantry my food storage because there is no more room!


New shelving in basement closet! With the art supplies, you would have died if you saw the before picture.


Kitchen pantry with some dressed shelving.

Derek has time off this week so we have a couple for things to finish up. But I love to copy so- if you have any fantastic ideas for organization or just plain cute ideas, let me have 'em!

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

LOVE the toy room! Your house is always very cute!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Everything looks great! I so wished I had the big toy room that you have.. Then I wouldn't have so much in my kids rooms. Makes me want to start my spring cleaning and get rid of so much un needed crap we have laying around!

Sophia said...

love it all! YOu entryway looks beautifu and of course your kids want to play in that playroom! Well done!

Beverly said...

The thing I like about your projects is that you get them done in a timely manner--something I struggle with. Love yours and Suzie's playrooms. Your entry is darling--have I told you that I adore that pic. I am drawn to it whenever I am at your house.

The Blanchard Family said...

Wow! Look at you! I have barely lived in my house a year and I feel like it could use some re-organization/touch ups. Oh and I think I might be one of those that wants a change in the hair dept soon! I will give you a call ;) Way to go, everything looks awesome.

Kelly and Steve said...

Very cute curtains! Would you and Brooke share the pattern with me? You have been busy. It all looks fantastic!