My sweet Boston (FINALLY) came to our family April 25th 2011 @ 8:56 am, weighing 8lbs. 7oz. I started having contractions Saturday night(the 23rd). I went to bed thinking "this is it!" and being so excited. I had a good nights sleep...so obviously that wasn't "it". The next day was Easter, Derek and I walked a lot. But my contractions had stopped. We had a nice Easter with the kids, a very nice spring break too:) And as I took off my makeup and got into my grubby comfy clothes my contractions started again...but this time they were legit and very close together. I didn't bother getting myself all gussied up. We arrived at the hospital around 11pm and were admitted fairly quick. I had an epidural by 1 (already dilated to a 6) and spent the whole night quite comfortable...but it took all night. Nothing happened I stayed a 6. Finally, my doctor(who had been out of town until that day) called at 8am and told them to start petocin and break my water. Then, BAM, I was in so much pain!!!Luckily Brooke wasn't there yet to see me throwing up and nearly passing out because it "hurt sooooo bad"(natural child birth not an option. The nurse checked me at 8:20 am and declared "YOUR READY!" The drug doctor came back and gave me a hearty dose and again I was happy. Brooke arrived to see me content and not able to move my legs:)
I chatted it up with Dr.Smith about his not-so-great trip to Harry Potter World and then gave a couple pushes and he was here. But I waited...it felt like forever. I just waited to hear my angel baby cry! And he did. It was such an elating moment. I think I asked the nurse 20 times if he was OK. Then,finally, they placed him in my arms and I could breathe. I love him. I waited so long to hold him...bliss!
Easter Sunday, swollen and not patiently waiting for Boston to come.
KJ made this cute bunny cake
We tried to keep busy to pass the time
He's HERE! Can you believe it? Me either!
Happy Family
Going home!
Friday, June 24, 2011
Our baby story
Posted by Brittany at 11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can't help but tear up reading this. I am so happy, relieved and thankful that he is here and that your loving little family has this very wanted addition. We love you guys and we are so happy for you. I meant to say hi on Sunday, but I was in a hurry. So hi and congrats!
Oh, I just love little Boston! He is so sweet and so fun to love! I teared up reading this too and I am so happy for you guys that he arrived safely, we all waited a long time for this precious angel! I love how sweet Kasi and Dill are with him as well, it's fun to watch them around him! Glad he is part of our family. It's been fun having our babies born so close, I hope they will be good friends! Love ya
Thanks, this helped me appreciate Haley just a little bit more. Even though I want her to become a bit more independent I still need to love her for right now, cherish a few more moments with her rather than wish for things to come. Have fun with him! _Diedre
I freaking love his face! What a darling and sweet baby! I am so so happy for you. can't wait to meet him!
Congratulations!!!!!
He is beautiful and PERFECT!
finally a post :) u have been focused on important things...like nursing A Lot to keep up with him!
So glad Baby Boston made it here safe and sound. You guys are so lucky to have such a cutie. (He has such a cute little cry.)
Post a Comment