Dill is about 3 1/2 and, well, he's been in my bed since we tried to move him from the crib to big boy bed at 2. Gasp and point your finger all you want, but I liked it that way. If you look through any of my pictures and Dill is sleeping it's ALWAYS in my bed. He had his friend Christian over awhile ago and he asked if he could see Dillons bed and Dillon proceeded to take him to my room. We always (okay sometimes) after he fell asleep put Dill in his own bed but he'd always wander back into bed with me. And basically sleeps right on my back or has to be touching me. I know were a little attatched. This kid has been a huge blessing when life has given us hard times. Well-Derek has had enough. The foot is down. So I have been laying with Dillon in his bed until he fell asleep. But tonight he said, "I want to be by myself. You can sleep in your bed." And rubbed my cheek like- "it gonna be okay mom you can be strong." And he DID it! I guess it's time for me to let go- a little. We'll see how I sleep without him.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
My Baby is Big
Posted by Brittany at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is too cute... really! Hey Britt apparently I don't even have your phone number so I need it and I also need your address... a little while after I saw you, April 27th to be exact-- Nate proposed! So I'm collecting addresses, you can send me an email if you'd like @ jessica.nate@gmail.com
Hope all it well with you and your darling family!!! Much Love!!!
That is so great! You can cuddle with Derek now your 2nd option :)
Brooke-
Maybe thats way I'm so scared Dills out of the bed :)
He is so cute. Always looking out for you. Derek didn't want another man in your life or your bed anymore huh? Kids always come around, some take more time than others but eventually they all want their independence. It is usually the parents that don't want to let go. I know I love taking naps with Braxton and dread the day that he tells me no. We miss you guys. Who's month is up? Slackers.
Britt, That is way cute! Guess my brother finally needed his space!! I am glad that it went well and hopefully it wasn't too painful for you.. He is such a cute kid. He has always held a special place in my heart he is so loveable. :)
Good boy Dill!!! He is such a cutie! I can't believe he sent you to your bed! What a man!
He is so sweet...I bet that he just melts your heart. What a big boy he sure has grown up fast!
What a cute little guy...
I was hoping to make a hair appt with you for this week if you have any time...will you leave me your phone # or email it to me at casiblanchard@yahoo.com? Thanks!!
I love this blogging thing!! It is so fun to find people and catch up- so much better than email! Thanks for the comment on my blog and keep in touch! I will be the first to admit that I love having Emnmary sleep in my bed, she is still my snuggler. Almost every night I ask my hubby if she can snuggle and he usually says no. Oh well, I'll take it when I can get it :)
Post a Comment