Monday, May 26, 2008

In Loving Memory


We went by Cade's grave the other day and it was cold, so I told the kids I was just going to get out of the car. When I came back Dillon was just sobbing, big alligator tears where rolling down his cheeks! He said it was because he missed Cade. I said I missed him too and we had a good cry. I know he probably doesn't really remember him, but we talk about Cade alot and they always pray for him. Kasidee has to really force the tears to come. So we had a little chat that it's okay if we don't cry, we can be happy and know that he is perfect and that he is so lucky to be with Heavenly Father. I am very very grateful for Eternal Families.

11 comments:

Sophia said...

So sweet, I am so grateful too. Love your sweet kiddies.

Nesting with Grace said...

So sweet...Dillon does know him the best. And he sent Ella with a kiss!
Love you

Mom of three ♥ said...

Sweet little Dillon. That is so precious. Reading that made me cry. It is comforting to know we have a eternal family! We love you guys.

Beverly said...

You have done a great job giving your kids perspective. What a great headstone for him. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing. Just know that you guys are great parents and friends. We love you.

Sonya said...

Precious! You guys are so strong and you always know the right things to say! I look up to you so much and am grateful you are my friend! Loves!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Love the headstone! I wish I was a lot more like Kass.

*Angie* said...

you are such a sweet mommy and it is so comforting to see how your family has been strengthened through life's experience. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Oh Brit, the writing on that little grave is so precious. I don't even know how you and Derek do it. You certainly have more strength than I would ever have and I just want you to know how much I love both you and Derek. What a great way to explain to the kids that Cade is perfect and with out Heavenly Father, that is such a comfort that families are forever. Losing that little man must have been such an incredibly hard time in your lives and I know that you have been blessed and will continued to be blessed for all you went/go through. What a good mommy you are.

Jess and Nate said...

Britt, you really are such a good mom! Just in the few, small conversations we've had over the last few years and reading your blog, seeing how you handle certain situations... your family is very lucky to have you!! So glad we got back in touch lately!!

Chelsea Nelson said...

I love to have my little adventures but the adventure I am most looking forward to is the adventure you are currently on. I can't wait to have little ones...
Love ya.