Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A brand new year, a brand new start.

I was reading an article in the Ensign about goal setting. I can't remember which of the Seventy wrote it, but- He said we should always be goal setting and always trying to progress ourselves. Not to wait for the New Year, and that is why he is where he is (in the Seventy) and I am where I am. I do appreciate his advice and will try harder to make goals throughout the year. He also said to make goals you can actually accomplish! Ideal right?! So don't put on your list *become filthy rich, put *I'm going to save $ amount per week, per month, whatever.
So for FHE the other night we all set goals, individual ones and also as a family.

Kasidee-
*Have a better attitude
*Move to level M in reading

Dillon-
*Try to not throw fits ("try" is the keyword)
*Be better at putting my toys away

Brittany-
*Keep my cool with the kids
*Serve better as a leader in YW (read scripture's 5 min. a day, say prayers, smile.)
*SAVE my money
*Excersize. (not the "kill myself" excersize. the "I feel good" excersize)

Derek-
*Still working on his list

Family-
*Read the Book of Mormon
*Be nice!!

1 comments:

TerryLittlefield said...

Great goals family!!! Remember baby steps - and slow and steady. I'm proud of you.

Love MOM