Monday, March 2, 2009

Seriously, So TIRED!


Someone had to deliver the mail.

What a weekend! Derek left me to fend for myself, he went to Las Vegas. Me and the kids filled our schedules to the brim! Our first night alone we slept over at Brooke's-thanks for breakfast and watching the kids! Friday we went with friends to the Discovery Museum (we bought a pass it was so fun!). Then hit the food court- everyone was happy with the selection. Then as we got to the car I realized I'd lost my keys! Luckily the museum had them! Then I took Kasidee and her friend to tumbling. THEN we went to the park and played. And finished the day at Quiznos with Brooke and Ella. Saturday was a whole different ball game- 9:00 am Dillon had his first soccer game. This year he was right there in the midst of the action. Last year he wanted to sit on the sidelines and eat snacks:) Then Kasidee had Activity Days at the church from 10-12 and invited a girlfriend to go. And while they did that Dillon watched Power Rangers and I did 4 haircuts! McDonalds was the kids choice for lunch, then the gym (had to get my run in). And we stayed and swam for an hour. Of course the fun couldn't stop there! Off to the movies to see Inkheart with my parents, Brooke, and Ella! We all went our separate ways and Mandi met me and the kids for dinner at Mimi's. Then we snuggled in my bed and watched movies. The kids slept with me every night because I was so scared! I've NEVER slept alone before! It was such a fun, exhausting weekend. Sunday I was able to get caught up on some sleep, and we had our first homemade meal for the weekend-thanks mom! I'm so glad Derek is coming home today- I really took him for granted, the single mom thing is rough!

Shopping for Groceries-




Dillon's Soccer game, chattin like girlfriends:)



I told ya we were tired!




5 comments:

Beverly said...

I got exhausted just reading about your weekend. I am such the rude friend--peeling out of the parking garage and leaving you to find your keys. I'm glad the others were curtious enough to stay. Next time you need to run errands--say at the District--drop those two off. We miss them sooooo much.

Mom of three ♥ said...

That sounds like a great weekend and yet exhausting at the same time. We missed seeing you guys and I am glad that they are back from Vegas too, It was pretty boring staying home with out being able to hang with my mom. I should have come to visit you guys! The picture of Dillon delivering the mail is so cute, looks like a mini Derek!

Nesting with Grace said...

I don't know how you do it ALL! It is hard work having three kids, and you do it so often for me with Ella and you do all the fun things! Ella looked like she loved that discovery place, I want to take her back! You just GO GO GO! I hope I have that much energy when I have three kids!

Chelsea Nelson said...

You are such a good mom.

Kuehne Korner said...

Yes, I hear you Brittany, it is hard being a single mom. At least you have family around to take up some time, what I would do for that. Sounds like you had a great weekend, hopefully we will see you at Easter time.

Raquel