We had ourselves an awesome adventure to Seattle, Portland and...wait for it...FORKS! Laugh if you must but I am telling you, we had a BLAST. We went with Derek's family, a total of 25. It was lovely chaos.
First came Seattle, my kids were troopers and didn't make me crazy in the car, which was a huge blessing because I drove there and Derek flew to meet us.
I felt like we were devout tourist in seeing the truly touristy sights:
Here we are at the Space Needle. My family did NOT want ANOTHER picture which infuriated me to no end, so after freaking Dill out by holding him on the rail (sorry babe but it was caged in) I walked around by myself for awhile until my family felt bad and begged for a nice family picture.
We went to the Pacific Science Center, on a Harbor Cruise, the Aquarium and a glimpse of Pike's Market. All in all I thought Seattle was beautiful and wish I could afford to move there. The weather never let us down- sunny without a cloud in the sky.
I almost forgot! We went to a Mariners/Red Sox game. When Derek and I went to Boston while I was pregnant with Cade, we fell in love with the city and the events/sports that coincide. Boston, along with Cade, hold very dear memories for us. Since then we have always wanted to hit up a Red Sox game. The SafeCo Field is amazing! We took Dillon while Kasi stayed home to swim with the girls, it was a roller coaster ride of feelings for him. First he was cold, and then hot, hungry to no end, and finally sleepy. Needless to say I can't tell you what happened during the game. But I do know Boston lost :(
In Seattle we parted ways, the kids and majority of the dads headed to Sherwood Oregon, and the older girls and my hubby:) giggled our way to Forks. Derek would like me to specify that he did not giggle. (But I swear he thoroughly enjoyed himself)
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Seattle didn't see us comin' (PART 1)
Posted by Brittany at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun!!
LOVE the Red Sox, not surprised they lost....LOTS of injuries this year. Went to a game 2 weeks ago and hardly recognized any of the players names. Anytime you want to come back out, let me know, we only live 45 minutes from the city.
I can't believe that you did not post any pictures of Derek with Edward, you are to nice.
I LOVED THE POSTS and PICTURES! I have been waiting to do mine, since my computer has been broken since we got back from the trip and still is! I Loved how you said we giggled our way to Forks, because it was so true and so much fun!! And I agree with Raquel, you need to post the one's of Derek with EDWARD! HAHA
Post a Comment