Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's all worth it!


Today I am a happy mom. After saying family prayers we tucked the kids in then me and Derek went downstairs. Of course Kasidee was doing her usual annoying "mom, ...Mom,....MOM, ....MOMMMMMMM" thing. And then we heard Dill go in and say "Sissy, dey can't hear you, do you need somesing? (not spelled wrong this is how he talks.) She dramatically says "I'm sssssoooo thirsty I need a cup of water." So he comes running down the stairs "Mom sissy is sooo firsty, she needs cups of water!!" He was so proud to run it up to her. Then they kissed and said how much they loved each other, and he said "Sleep good, sissy. Now be QUIET!."
But for a minute there they weren't yelling at each other or saying the other person is touching or bothering them. So yep, there comes a moment every now and then that makes it ALL worth it.

2 comments:

Rob Sara and Cole said...

Hey Britt!!! Glad you found me!! Your kids are sooo big! It's high time I got a blog thing, I am excited to stay in touch and keep up on what's going on with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brit, that was such an awsome post. I LOVE your kids! Can you believe that the last time I saw you was your graduation and Kasidee was just a baby!!! Anyway, that post was an inspiration for me because tucking the kids in and saying prayers is what we do with the kids every night and they still want to kill eachother the next day!!! There is hope in this household!!!!