We had such a fun weekend. Friday night I went with my girls to dinner then to see the movie Mama Mia (my second time seeing the movie. LOVE IT). Saturday I went with my parents to the Farmers Market downtown (somehow I lived to tell the story girls :) ) That was fun, my mom LOVES the market so I felt like I should check it out. Came home and threw in a couple hair appointments, then headed up to Washington Lake to camp. We've probably been camping 3 times since we've been married and Dillon has never been. He was the happiest kid alive!! He kept saying "This is the awesomest night ever! Camping ROCKS!"
Hanging around the camprfire roasting marshmallows.
The kids loved sleeping in a tent. It rained all night, luckily we stayed warm and dry.
Todd told Dillon he would take him fishing so Dillon stayed right by his side. They only had one pole, so we decided to give them all sticks with strings attached. Dillon and Kasidee had a hard time understanding why the fish weren't jumping onto their strings. My kids are not patient. Saving himself the torture of listening to Dillon whine about not catching a fish, Todd grabbed a dead one and tied it to Dillons string. Dillon was so proud of himself! He sat their for a good 30 min. making the fish swim around in the water. Dillon reminds Kasidee that he was the only one who caught a fish!
To finish off the trip we went four wheeling. We went on some really fun and really rocky trails. Dillon fell alseep and I'm not sure how. And Kasidee was able to drive for a little bit.
My cute neices and nephew were so much fun to hang around and kept asking us to stay one more night. Luckily we didn't because it snowed! Thanks Tiff and Todd for showing us such a fun weekend!
Monday we stayed home so I could paint Kasidee's room. Derek was off so we let him pick lunch (Chik-Fil-A) then shopped IKEA. We wished the weekend lasted longer!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Labor Day Weekend
Posted by Brittany at 7:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Looks like you had a good time! That is so funny Dill fell asleep...he can sleep anywhere including a four wheeler!
I love it when kids are still young enough to trick with things like that. It's no fun when they get too savvy for it.
That looks like fun. Just remember you shouldn't put in writing when you trick your kids like that--he will find out one day:) You're a busy bee, and I'm glad the druggies didn't getcha at the market.
Glad that you had such a great weekend. We missed you up in Park city. That is way cute that Dill thought that he had caught a fish. Lance can't wait till he can take our kids fishing!He keeps asking me if any of our nieces or nephews would want to go with him and so maybe we will have to take Dillon with us soon!
Your family is so cute Brit. I love these pics.
Hey britt- How do you get the songs on your blog? If it is in gadgets I can't find it...Thanks!
I just keep hearing Pierce Bronsan in my head. I can't get it out of my head. It looks like a wonderful weekend. I too am glad that you didn't get attacked at the farmer's market.
Post a Comment