
It was such a nice day on Saturday to go for a run! I really liked the corse- it felt like I was in a parade the whole time, so many supporters along the way it was amazing. The race supports the Huntsman Cancer Institute. There were 10,000 runners and some had lost family members, others had cancer survivors, and (like me) some just wanted to run. I saw a cute little boy in a wheelchair holding up a sign that read, "THANK YOU!" It was emotional.
At mile 11 I was EXHAUSTED! I couldn't make my legs move any more so I told Brooke to go on ahead. I walked for a minute and then my "Eye of the Tiger" motivational song came on and it gave me a jolt to get a MOVIN! I was having many conversations with myself along the way (crazy?) and one was- "This is really hard. Maybe I should just walk the rest of the way. Why is this so hard? Duh Britt! It's not supposed to be easy- it IS hard. But it's hard for everyone else here too! Run!! So I did, when a girl with one leg passed me as I was walking, and I was like "Buck up! She has one leg"! So I ran the rest of the way with a little more speed than I started with and frantically searched for my family at the end, and they were there of coarse with big smiles cheering me on! That was awesome.
My sister Brooke ran with me and she did AMAZING! It was so fun to share this experience with her. And my cute family who babysits/supports, thank you SO MUCH!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Salt Lake City 1/2
Posted by Brittany at 12:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is so great you were able to run! Your amazing, I could never do it! Good job!!!
Very cool Britt!! I haven't done anything like that yet but I am almost getting into it... haha fence sitter huh?!!! I need to just do it!! You girls are awesome!
Way to go girl! I am so proud of you. You did awesome! You should post that incredible time you ran 13 MILES in.
I am proud! Good job!
Good for you Britt!
You are amazing to me.
Love you.
You are so amazing!! I dream about doing that -- but can't even get my butt out to train -- even a little bit! That was a motivational post!
Way to go! I have never been one for runnning but I should try a half marathon sometime. Maybe now that you are a pro we could do it together. We need to hang out soon. It has been awhile. Call me, or text. I am starting to learn how to text. I now I'm lame and way behind!
Post a Comment