We got home from the in-laws about 6:30 and I couldn't shake it. I needed a sugar fix. Popsicles were available for the taking but I needed something hearty. My mom always made a lemon poppyseed bundt cake and I adored it. I savored every bite. But there was always something it needed- MORE FROSTING! Frosting isn't a problem with this beauty.
By the time I finished making it I noticed Dill and Derek were dead to the world on the couch. I can always count on Kasi though! Yum, more for us.
Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
1 box lemon cake mix
1 box instant lemon pudding
1/4 cup poppy seeds
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup softened butter
3 eggs
(I threw in about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, call me crazy)
Blend all ingredients. Grease and flour bundt pan (or bread pan). Pour batter in pan and spread it around evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 min. Cool for 15 min. and then add glaze. (should still be warm)
Lemon glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp . vanilla
3 TBL. milk
3 TBL softened butter
3 TBL. lemon juice (add more if too thick)
mix and drizzle
I don't know if you do this- but by the time I was finished licking the bowls and beaters of the cake and frosting I had met my sugar quota and didn't want any of the finished product . I'm sure tomorrow it will be very tasty!
4 comments:
WOW-nothing like a little extra drizzle. That cake rocked thanks for sharing with us, we love it when you have a sweet tooth or when you need taste testers for a chocolate cake with three different frostings you can't decide on...love you,
Momma Mia
That looks very yummy! And I loved the picture of D and D so cute! We missed seeing you today. I need to have you give Sawyer a haircut badly, I will call you tomorrow and see if we can do it Tuesday if you are over at my parents! Thanks!
where is mine!!! I love that cake!
And you need a cake plate of your own :)
That cake looks scrumptious. I can totally relate to not being hungry for sugar when the product is actually finished.
It was fun seeing you this weekend.
Post a Comment