Kasidee has wanted to play the piano for as long as I can remember! She loved pounding on my moms piano and as she watched others play, wanted to be as musical. One problem- I didn't have a piano. Of course my mom did offer me her piano a while back. At the time I didn't have room for it so said no. Where is the piano now you ask- oh, at Brookes! No I'm not bitter at all. You snooze you loose. So I've been looking and thinking I was going to spend hundreds. But -Oh lucky day! I found one for $50 bucks! Gotta love KSL classifieds. If you can look past the crazy heart stencil, it's a lovely little piano. And I'm sure in it's day (20 years ago) that sweet little crafty paint job was oh-so-hip. My silly hubby put his foot in his mouth when the lady we bought it from was explaining that the lady she bought it from had painted it and Derek said, "I have a feeling that's the first thing to go." He said she seemed a little sad by that. Oops. My Kasidee thinks it so pretty! But she also likes to wear her clothes two days in a row so I won't be taking style tips from her!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Love those Crafty Homemakers
Posted by Brittany at 10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I am so glad my oldest granddaughter has a piano! I hope you and her can take lesson's and enjoy having this kind of music in your home! The heart is not so bad,I love the black and it came with a bench-- Wow you are bling blingin'! Hope to see you this weekend-
Love and miss you.
MOM
Oh and did I tell you enough times that I love Kasidee's hair? I do!
Just put your music books in front of the flower!
What a great find!
That's a great piano and a GREAT deal!! Isn't it funny how styles change and things like painting on a piano just become, well...not as cool as they once were. :) It's still a great piano. I love the black!
It looks great--you are such a savvy shopper. Like Dawn said--just put a book in front of it. Oh, a big hymn book would do the trick maybe.
You know this was a homemaking toll painting night! Our vinyl lettering is one day going to have this kind of reputation!
Can't wait to hear all the tunes you are going to play. Is there a way I can load them on my iPod when we run? It would be very inspiring!
Heck yeah Suz! I sat right down and played a very slow and unstable "Follow the prophet"! I thought I was going to be so good- I guess if you don't keep up, you get rusty. Derek says this problem happens with "other" things too. You always need to practice:)
Kayla wants a piano too! her and Kasidee are so much alike. this will be so fun. What a fun project too!
That is an awesome piano! So is the toll-painted heart still on there?
You got the deal of the year that piano is great...now get her going in lessons!
Ella says Love you
I am jealous of that fabulous find for sure! Someday, when I finally have a house again, I would like to have a piano as well...
Also, I will be calling you soon (which most likely means sometime in the next couple months, haha) to get my hair done again...I really like how you did it!
Post a Comment