Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Octoberfest and Pumpkin Carving





This last Sunday was our family's annual Octoberfest! My mom is so creative and cute! We celebrate Octoberfest to enjoy being outside with the fall leaves for one last time, we have a very yummy dinner in the backyard. My kids love it! This year it was nice and warm. And when it started to get chilly my dad started a fire for the kids.



Monday we went to our friends house and had a little party. It's so hard to go and see everyone on Halloween, so we dressed up the kids and showed 'em off to each other. Katherine was a great hostess and our kids just love being together. I don't think me and Derek have ever dressed up for Halloween so it was fun to give it a try, even if nobody knew who we were:) And the pumpkins looked so good!







(See if you can guess who we were:) )

7 comments:

Middle Age Moments said...

Cute little Brit,
Fall is my favorite time of the yCute ear as well. What an ADORABLE mom you are! And wife, I mean the whole cupcake thing and all. I have wanted to thank you for being such a great friend to Chelsea. She has always loved and adored you. You and your whole family have always been so supportive and loving in everything she has done. And now is no different. Thank you for being the great and amazing woman you are. I can't help but get teary as I read your blogs to see what a great person you are, and always have been. You had a very great teacher, your wonderful mom. I love her as well. Let's all get together sometime soon! Maybe when Chel comes in town next time! XOXOX Shar Nelson

*Angie* said...

derek and meredith is my guess

Mom of three ♥ said...

Cute costumes for all. I love Tom's cookie monster thats funny! You and Derek look good as "Derek and Meredith"!!

Kelli said...

I know only because I am obsessed with the show. Merideth and mcdreamy.
You're family is so cute. I miss seeing you guys every week.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute. I think it's great that you guys all dressed up. You are such a cute Mom. I wanted to say thanks for your comments on my blog. It's nice to know that other people have been through it and we can ALWAYS use the prayers :)

Camille said...

Your mom is so cute and you have learned well. You do such fun stuff with your kids on the holidays, they are lucky to have you. I won't guess on the costume, that would be cheating. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say....I love cookie monster! He has always been my fave! You are so cute too! Did Derek tell you I saw him like last week. That is good that he is with the post office! Good to see him. I wish I could have seen you too. It has been too long.