Tuesday, November 11, 2008

233rd Place


This past weekend my 2 friends and I ran in the Snow Canyon, St.George 1/2 marathon. The weather was so nice that while I ran my face got fried! I was SO nervous to run- but after taking 10 potty breaks before the race, I did it! My goal was 2 hours and 15 min. and I ran it in 2 hrs and 14 min. Taking 233rd place. I'm not sure I would have met my goal if my dad and Brooke hadn't met me at mile 11. Thanks so much mom, dad, Kev, Brooke and Ella for coming to cheer me on, it really meant a lot! My main goal was to keep in front of this 75 year old guy. And luckily I barely passed him at the finish:) My friend Teena ran like a mad woman and finished in 17th place. We didn't take our kids so I told my friend, Suzie, that our possibilities were endless- so we stayed in bed all day after the race until late Sunday morning. WE LOVED IT! Thanks for being such an inspiration to me Suzie and helping me accomplish something I wouldn't have done on my own! Now on to the full marathon.

11 comments:

Camille said...

Good job Brit, I am proud of you. I don't think I will ever join in the fun, but I am a great athletic supporter :) Thanks for all you've done lately!

Beverly said...

You go girl! You are such an inspiration to me for even doing it--let alone doing so well.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Good Job Britt- We are proud of you! I could never do it..;)

The Ostheds said...

Wow! You are awesome! I will be right along with Camille being a great athletic supporter!

Hilary said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I'm proud of all 3 of you!

Kelli said...

Wow I am inspired. I have always wanted to run a marathon but I think that I could start at the half. Marc was jealous he wants to run it next year.

Kelly and Steve said...

Way to go! The most I've done is a 10K trail run. That's awesome. Keep running.

Sophia said...

Wahoo! So awesome, I love it! Congrats.

Smilin' sunshine said...

Way to go Brittney! That is an awesome time!

Millertime said...

I love your thumbs up in the pic! I had an awesome time, thanks for letting me rest up!

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Seriously! I lived in St. george for 2 years and I never knew there was a snow canyon 1/2 marathon! Hello- I am running in the half marathon in january, but November would be so much nicer. And way to go with the time. I did the 1/2 last year as well and it took me 3 hours (I wasn't prepared and my son was only 7 months old. That's my excuse :) Way to go!!