Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's not fair!



Dillon is having the younger child syndrome. Kasidee is a little free bird and wants to play as soon as she gets home from school. So of course Dillon wants to play too. But if I'm working or if Ella is sleeping (his usual bad timing) I say no. And I get the "it's not fair" crap. My kids are having a hard time understanding that we don't call people and say "Can you play?"-"At YOUR house?" Believe me, this kid is not missing out. He usually gets to play 5 out of the 7 days. Just not 24/7. Here are some fun pictures when we had his best buddy, Luke, over. Dillon said he wanted to do something REALLY fun- so this is what we came up with- Fruit kabobs for a snack, making a car for a craft, and a cardboard sword to run around and play with. Ella joined in on the fun until they went outside but she kept a close eye on them still. It's so fun to watch my kids grow and develop their mostly cute personalities, and then watch them interact with other kids. These boys make me laugh. Whenever we say it's time to go home they both break out into tears. I'm glad they are buddies.



4 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That's cute he wants to be just like Kasidee.. Cute little projects too your such a fun mom..

The Staheli's said...

I was thinking the same thing about you being such a fun mom! Great idea for snacks too. :)

Camille said...

Thanks for letting them play together. And, Dillon can invite himself over anytime he wants. Luke has the same problem, we can just let them be socially inept together can't we. Those cars were a hit at our house, such a cute idea.

Sophia said...

I love that they both cry when its time to go! So cute!